Monday, April 4, 2016

Daisy Talks Episode VIII Filming & More


Daisy Ridley sat down Monday for a Facebook live chat about the home release of Episode VII, of course the topic of Episode VIII inevitably came up. Ridley was asked to compare her experiences working on the two films. The actress said they are two different animals--for a number of reasons. She also mentions she's not sure just yet if she'll even be in Episode IX.

“They’re honestly two very different things,” Ridley said. “[The Force Awakens] was like the beginning of the whole thing, and it was terrifying and incredibly rewarding. I felt like I pushed myself beyond boundaries I thought I had. Now I feel more together and present. Now I look at things and think, how are people going to react to that?”

This response made Ridley sound a little like her alter ego, Rey, who has gone from a desert loner searching for home to a Jedi adept ready to accept her role in the Force. Ridley added that she now feels a “responsibility” to both the character and her fans.


“Carrie [Fisher] calls herself the custodian of Leia, and now I feel like the custodian of Rey,” Ridley said. “I know what people liked in [The Force Awakens] and now I feel like I’m carrying that responsibility, which is nicer cause I feel like I’m more part of it. I couldn’t say I’m enjoying either one more. It’s all this incredible journey. And then if I am in 9, all three will be one amazing journey that involves thousands of people. I think of Episodes VII, VIII, and IX as part of one experience, not three different ones.”

Overall, Ridley said she couldn't say which movie, Episode VII or Episode VIII, she's enjoyed making more. Instead, she sees the overall new trilogy--spanning Episodes VII through IX, as an "incredible journey." Also, interestingly, she said she's not completely sure that she will be in Episode IX.

I for one can't wait for the next chapter of this 'journey'! I'm very happy about the choice for Rey and I'm excited to see how Finn, Poe, and the rest of the gang come into their own.

Make sure you join our Forcestrong Facebook Group (over 30,000 members)

Sources:  EW, Gamespot


No comments:

Post a Comment